Other Assistance

The 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine is a program of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. It is a free statewide community Information and Referral service. We have a comprehensive database with programs that offer free or low cost health and human services or 'social services' such as Rental Assistance, Energy Assistance, Medical Assistance, Food and Clothing, Child Care Resources, Emergency Shelter, and more.

Terry Reilly Health Services (TRHS) is a private not-for-profit organization which provides care to all, based on their ability to pay. Services are available on a discounted fee basis, in accordance with family income. Services are also available in English and Spanish, as well as other languages by special arrangement. TRHS is governed by the communities it serves, through a representative governing board of directors.

The Self Rescue Manual

This manual has been a joint effort of many people. Marjie Jacobs recognized the need for a "user-friendly" list of services in the Treasure Valley. She had help from various Boise School District School Social Workers and BSU social work students.

Job Corps

A free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible young people at least 16 years of age that qualify as low income, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.

Emergency rent assistance. Call for screening for emergency rental assistance. Must have paid for 3 consecutive months on time (does not need to be the last 3 months), must have eviction notice, must participate in case management, have proof of income & be an Ada county resident.

The Boise City Ada County Housing Authority

Since 1967, the Boise City Ada County Housing Authority has played a key role in providing housing options for low and moderate income residents in Ada County. The Boise City Ada County Housing Authority recognizes the complex challenges facing those who are in need of affordable housing, and seeks to provide strategic and creative solutions to assist them.

Idaho Legal Aid

Help with family law, including divorce & custody only for domestic violence, & information for landlord- tenant problems. Eligibility based income & type of problem ( domestic violence).

Walk-ins OK.

  • Statewide toll free Domestic Violence Legal Advice Line at 1-877-500-2980 (open 9:30-1 & 2-4 pm)
  • Senior Legal Hotline at 1-866-354-0106, (open M-Tue 9-12 1-3 & Wed 1-3)
  • Spanish Senior Hotline 1-866-954-2591, for persons 60+ regardless of income, staffed by Legal Aid attorneys.

VA's Homeless Providers Grant and Per Diem Program is offered annually (as funding permits) by the Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV) Programs to fund community agencies providing services to homeless Veterans. The purpose is to promote the development and provision of supportive housing and/or supportive services with the goal of helping homeless Veterans achieve residential stability, increase their skill levels and/or income, and obtain greater self-determination.


El-Ada meets people where they are, celebrates who they are, and helps them get where they want to be. It is poverty that is the problem, not people.


Administrative Office
701 E 44th St
Garden City, ID 83714

(208) 377-0700
Boise Community Resource Center
2250 S Vista Ave
Boise, ID 83705

(208) 345-2820
Elmore County Office
585 N 3rd East
Mountain Home, ID 83647

(208) 587-8407
Owyhee County Office
15 W. Colorado St
Homedale, ID 83628

(208) 337-4812

Content copyright 2016. El-Ada Community Action Partnership. All rights reserved | site design by V-Squared Creative